Happy New Year, dear Readers! Have you recovered from those
three four Appletini’s yet?
I’m linking up with MamaKat’s Writing Workshop today, answering the prompt: What are the top 10 things your kids said this year? Thank goodness for Facebook and their archives–otherwise, this weak mind would’ve struggled with this one. This is a good reminder to myself to write that shit down. Because I will forget it.
Most of the quotes come courtesy of Miss M. this year, because the stuff that comes out of the mouths of first-graders is crazy good.
So, without further ado, my favorite things uttered by Minx mouths this year:
10. (Miss M.) “Whoa! Hey Mama! I just coughed and farted at the same time!”
9. (Miss D.) “Hey Mom, do you know what my personal motto is? It goes like this: I am awesome. That is all.”
8. (Miss M., while coloring) “Purple always dazzles up a picture.”
7. (Miss M.) “Mommy, can I please have some breakfast? My dump truck is empty.”
6. (Miss M.) to Daddy: “Hey Daddy, someday will you show it to me?” Hubs: “Show you what?” M: “The BatCave.” ~yes, my kid thinks her father is Batman.
5. (Miss D.), while playing a video game with her sister: “Don’t worry, M. It’s okay to blow them up. They want to be blown up so they can live on as fireworks.”
4. (Miss M.), in response to her teacher’s prompt: “You can’t teach an old dog…” M: “…how not to poo on trees.”
3. (Miss M.): “Hey Daddy, I’m a velociraptor!” Hubs: “How so?” M.: “Because I am small and fast and I won’t let Mommy cut my toenails.”
2. (Miss M.): “Mommy, do starfish pee?” Me: “Umm…probably?” M: “That’s the best you can do?”
1. (Miss M. after her night time story): “Mom, I love you 100.” Me: “I love you 1,000.” M: “I love you one million.” Me: “I love you to the moon and back.” M: “Ha! I win! I love you like Google.”
I understand how Miss M. feels, because I love y’all like Google. You’re the jam on my toast.
Thanks for reading and commenting and sharing your wit and beautiful words with me in 2012. I’m looking forward to 2013 and wishing you mucho awesomeness in 2013.
Coming soon: It’s January–time for another Shrink-My-Ass-Month. Hope you’ll swing on by!